Have you ever considered becoming a web developer but don’t feel like you know enough about it? You’re in the right place! Careers in Php web development, custom web development and Ecommerce web development are one of the most up and coming career opportunities and it’s great to do your research before embarking on a new career!
What does a web developer do?
Obviously, web developers build websites. There is so much more to it than that, though! It is also the web developer’s job to analyze the needs of the people using the website and use that information to develop proper content, underlying structure and graphics that best fit their needs. Some things that web developers do daily – building websites with scripting or authoring language, producing web content (designing, writing and editing) and using feedback from users to identify and correct problems, creating compatible web formats using writing, graphics, audio, and video components. These are all very important skills to learn for your career in custom web development.
What are some common misconceptions about web developers?
– Website development is not necessarily web design! Web developers take the web designers work and translate it into a useable, functional website. Developers are the analytic people turning the creative designers dreams into reality. While they work hand to hand, developers need to be more based in function. More explained here: http://lifehacker.com/5890174/top-10-pro-tips-and-tools-for-budding-web-developers-and-designers
– You are never finished with a website! Think of a website like a potted plant. While beautiful, they require constant attention to make them flourish. A website developer helps provide that nourishment, monitoring things for glitches or new technology that could improve it.
– Web developers do more than just write code! It takes a team – designers, copywriters, illustrators – to truly plan and create a website. Web developers also work very closely with stakeholders and other people invested in the website to make sure it’s performing at it’s best.
What do you need to succeed as a web developer?
– Good communication skills! You’ll be working with many different parts of the team and need the ability to communicate well with all of them!
– Love of learning! Web development skills are constantly changing and you need to be able to adapt and learn new skills.
– Patience! Websites need lots of care and attention and it takes a lot of patience to be constantly working on them. If you love custom web development, it will help a lot.
– Perfectionism! In order for things to work smoothly, being a little bit of perfectionist helps! Extreme attention to detail is a great skill to have as web developer.